Just because a bathroom is too small, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be beautiful. 15 Gorgeous Small Bathroom Decor Ideas for you to get inspired.
As I mentioned a few times before, we moved into our new apartment a little over a year ago and of course, we are redecorating and organizing a lot of rooms in our home, in an effort to have things be more organized and tidy looking.
I recently shared some really gorgeous ideas to organize small bathrooms. These spaces may seem like a difficult design task to take on to me; however, these spaces may introduce a well-thought design challenge to add to my list.
You might also love these other home decor ideas: 25 More Gorgeous Farmhouse Style Decoration Ideas, 25 Small Bathroom Organizing Ideas, and 25+ Rustic Fall Decoration Ideas (Mostly DIY Projects)
35 Gorgeous Small Bathroom Decor Ideas
Creating a functional, pretty and storage-friendly bathroom may be just what any home needs which is the hardest task of all.
That being said, I’ve been looking on Pinterest for some gorgeous Small Bathroom Decor Ideas and inspiration. Thought I’d share them with you today.
In my opinion, a bathroom is one of the most important places in our home where we can find comfort, peace, and serenity.
It should be comfortable and pretty too.
It is a room for personal hygiene, generally containing a bathtub or a shower, and possibly also a bidet (like ours which I still don’t understand why they still install them).
While we all love a large bathroom, some of us have to make do with small bathrooms that are usually seen in most apartments especially small apartments in Europe like mine.
If you, like me, have a small bathroom you are in the right place, I’ve got plenty of small bathrooms decorating ideas for you. If your bathroom is large, don’t worry, you will get some smart inspiration here too.
No matter how compact your room is, there’s a pretty style to fit your taste and needs.
Bathroom Fun Facts
The oldest bathtub was discovered in Greece in 1500 B.C. It was made in the Minoan epoch for the bathroom of the Queen of the Palace of Knossos.
Have you heard of a toilet-themed park? Yes! It existed and it can be found in South Korea! It was launched in 2012 and was called the “Restroom Cultural Park.” It features fun toilet sculptures, a toilet-inspired art piece, and a museum that is shaped like…yes you guessed it correctly – TOILET!
People celebrate toilets! Yep, you heard it right! “World Toilet Day” is on November 19. Its purpose it to bring awareness on sanitation and its effects on health worldwide. There really is something worthwhile to celebrate!
Crafting Supplies You May Need:
- Glue (E6000 glue, and/or super glue)
- Mod Podge
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Measuring tape
- Paint or foam brushes
- X-Acto Knife and cutter
Pallet and Wood Project Tools:
- Hand saw or circular saw
- Hammer and nails
- Wood glue
- Protective eyewear
get inspired by all these Small Bathroom Decor Ideas?
Disclaimer: *My roundups are only for inspiration ideas. Just like I do for all my round-ups, I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest. If you are at all familiar with that platform you know there are tons of pictures with no direct links to the original source. Some pictures featured here I found no source for or directed to the wrong one but if you know the source, contact me and I will update this post immediately, thank you so much!
Small bathrooms are the norm rather than the exception. Few of us have the spacious bathroom space we want, so we look for ways to retouch our toilets to give them a cleaner look and make improvements to make them look and feel bigger.
Everyone has “that” bathroom, functional but cramped and boring. Some may opt to tear down a wall or build an extension, but when it comes to making a small bathroom look bigger and prettier, most of us just need more realistic solutions.
1. Fresh & Modern Powder Room Reveal
Christene did a great job here! No more boring, basic yellow room from move-in day! It might not be a large room, but the powder room is now one of her favorite rooms in the home.
It feels so much brighter now with the addition of the shiplap wall treatment. The white paint helps the small amount of light that they get in that room bounce around. And, the crisp contrast between the white shiplap and the light gray walls keeps everything looking fresh.
2. Easy DIY: Rustic Wood Storage Ladder & Accessories
Such a gorgeous, rustic and modern bathroom decor. Keep things light but neutral as well. Using lighter rustic furniture, adding some statement pieces such as art that will draw your eyes and create interest, keeping things low to the ground that creates open space near the ceiling which creates height. And most importantly, keeping things organized. Clutter can quickly make a space look small.
A rustic, aged look was one of the main qualities of this room, so using natural wood pieces is a no-brainer. Aside from the vanity, there are three accent pieces that was created as DIY, in one afternoon, at a very little cost. If you already have a pile of old wood lying around (or heck, even new wood that you can make look aged) you may not have to spend a dime!
3. Light & Bright Guests Small Bathroom Makeover: Shower Curtains and cute bath mats
Loving the color palette and the small details. it looks fresh and so bright! She added some new paint, updated the vanity, changed the shelves and mirror, used colorful yet bright curtains as pops of color, and voila!! Love it!
4. how to decorate a small bathroom
A white bathroom can help make a small space seem larger. Lack of color can sometimes make a space feel cold and uninviting. In this small, all-white bathroom, vibrant green from the plants and amazing black accents add a touch of warmth. A clear chair sits beside the black vanity to provide the right amount of contrast. This is such a chic bathroom! I also love the towel hooks and that big mirror!
5. Decor ideas for small bathroom: One room Challenge
Light paint colors are ideal for small bathroom design and remodeling. Light paint colors stretch small spaces and create a visually spacious bathroom design. I also love grayish-white tiles on the floor
6. Extra Storage space with DIY Floating Shelves and baskets
I love the whole space! The storage baskets on the shelves and some accessories around it like the toothbrush holder, the fresh flowers, the soaps in the container, all in the rustic style make the space feel so warm. And what do you say about the lighting fixtures? so pretty!
7. Decorating Ideas For Small Bathrooms: Use Removable Adhesive tiles
What a big difference a simple revamp on the flooring can make. These are adhesive tiles, if I didn’t read that myself, I would have never guessed. This bathroom is a mix of rustic and modern in a perfect balance. So minimalist and yet full of style and character.
8. Tiny Bathroom Decorating Ideas: Gold brass faucet, gorgeous sink on vanity, and new flooring.
The inspiration for this space could be summed up as light, bright and airy with a color palette of grays accented with gold. I think this space definitely delivers on that.
In my opinion, the white shiplap with the gray vanity and all the details in gold stainless steel makes a big impact on this small bathroom.
9. Decor Ideas For Small Bathrooms: rustic vanity with brass accessories; faucet, and towel rack.
As small as this can be it brings enough bathroom storage. Love the use of baskets for toilet paper and also for bath towels. Love the antique look of the hardware, especially the hand towel holder.
Modern vanities in small sizes, pedestal sinks or bathroom furniture items designed for a corner are great for small bathroom design and remodeling. Wall-mounted sinks are good choices for small bathroom remodeling, as they create an airy feel in small spaces.
10. Small Bathroom Accessories Ideas: Cute floor mat, bath linens on a shelf, final touch lots of plants.
Such a bright and lovely bathroom. The shelving system adds the necessary extra storage space and although it has just the right bathroom accessories, it still allows space for small decorative touches!
via Interiors Yum on Tumblr
11. Restroom Decor Ideas on a budget
Using floating shelves in a small bathroom is always a great idea. You can use them to keep your bath linen accessible and still add decorative accessories like cotton swabs and cotton balls inside cute jars and decorative items and wire baskets here and there. I love that she used a bright and still relaxing accent color. I personally love teal and turquoise color.
12. Guest Bathroom Makeover – Before & After!
via Hayley from Rise and Renovate
13. 10 Tips for Designing a Small Bathroom
Soft grey walls in a shade offer a subtle yet sophisticated contrast colour for white furnishings, as well as taking the edge off of pre-existing glossy white ceramics such as bathtubs and sinks.
14. DIY Farmhouse Bathroom Vanity Light Fixture
The bathroom is small & Liz was trying to maximize the space all while trying to make it pretty. It’s coming along, but the light fixture was holding her back. they used a bathroom vanity light from Home Depot hanging in that space, but when they hung this mirror from Scout & Nimble the light fixture hung over the mirror & didn’t fit right. So, what’s a girl to do? Build her own light fixture! Here is the DIY bathroom vanity light they came up with…
15. Easy DIY Stone Bath tub Surround
Who would have thought we could tile the bath tub with this kind of stone. It looks so pretty and adds so much style to the bathroom. I would even create an accent wall to match the tub and create a statement bathroom. The rustic bath mat is the perfect touch too.
16. POWDER BATHROOM MAKEOVER: A blanket ladder, cute basket, and a gorgeous pink vanity along with an accent tiled wall.
A large mirror is an excellent decorating trick not only for adding functionality to your room, but also for creating the illusion of more space and depth. You can use mirrors to reflect ambient and direct light, so place your mirror next to a light source to boost the brightness of your room. Your space will also seem more open and less enclosed if you eliminate dark corners.
17. DIY Typography Wall Art
You can turn old thrift art frames into cute wall art pieces for your bathroom. Along with a gorgeous and rustic mirror frame, your small bathroom will look absolutely gorgeous!
18. Elegant and rustic bathroom nook.
19. Install a Plank Wall in the bAthroom
20. Toilet Paper Holder With Shelf
This cool and functional toilet paper shelf is a lifesaver for small bathrooms. You can use it in a bathroom with rustic decor, farmhouse style, industrial style or classic style decor. You can make this homemade toilet paper shelf this weekend by following the directions below. This do-it-yourself project comes complete with a photo tutorial and step-by-step instructions.
21. DIY Industrial Farmhouse Bathroom Sign
Follow this easy tutorial from Cherished Bliss to make this cute DIY Industrial Farmhouse Bathroom Sign and industrial floating shelves. The sign is the perfect reminder for both men and children. It is now time to hang your new industrial farmhouse bathroom sign above the toilet and hopefully, it will encourage everyone to flush properly. And the shelves add such a gorgeous rustic vibe along with wire baskets and bathroom accessories.
22. DIY Bathroom Storage Ladder
Using this over the toilet shelf, you can add enough storage to your small bathroom. Making this ladder shelf is incredibly easy. The entire project only cost about $30. Even if you needed more storage baskets, it would still be a LOT cheaper than the store-bought alternatives.
23. Repurposed Window Bathroom Towel Rack
You’d like to spruce up your bathroom, but you don’t want to spend a lot of money? Check out this gorgeous Repurposed Window Bathroom Towel Rack. I love the way it looks like an antique, shabby piece of art! What a clever way to use this window. I was trying to think up a project for a window I saw at a flea market last weekend. I love it!
24. DIY Chalkboard Art Towel Rack And Bathroom Accessories Holder
This is such a great idea. An all-in-one decora and organization piece for the bathroom. It’s such an easy project to take on even if you are not very experienced.
25. DIY Pebble Bath Mat
Learn to make a pebble bath mat with simple materials and techniques. Something as simple as this DIY Pebble Bath Mat can make the world of difference, turning an everyday shower into a treat. So take comfort the next time you get a spare minute to soak in some suds!
simple ways to make your Small bathroom beautiful
- Install a vintage-style mirror. Add vintage style to a country scheme by hanging a pretty frameless mirror above the basin.
- Add a hit of pattern with a blind. Upgrade a plain blind for a more interesting patterned design and an eye-catching colorway that contrasts with the room’s walls.– take your pick from striped, graphic, botanical fabrics.
- Add Some Warmth. Wooden accents – even something small, like a wooden bath tray, or something more impactful, like timber plantation shutters, make a huge difference in a bathroom. Timber and white is a classic combination.
- Paint a feature wall or paneling in a bold shade. If you’ve gotten tired of a neutral scheme, be a little more daring and add a pop of color to break things up. Start with one feature wall, or if your room has wall paneling, paint it a brighter color to contrast with the clean white walls.
- Consider Adding More Storage. If you’re renovating, consider alcoves near the shower and tub to add elegant bathroom storage without sacrificing space.
- Create a work of art show. A collection of framed paintings may convert your bathroom from a bland, functional place into a warm, welcoming retreat. Look for inexpensive secondhand photographs and frames in charity shops and car boot sales, and place them above a freestanding bath.
- Paint The Tiles. Give your tiles a new look by painting them using tile paint and updating the grout. If you are patient, you can even try the black and white checkerboard effect.
- Coordinate your accessories with your color scheme. It’s time to replace your ragged, mismatched linens with some lovely designs that complement your room’s decor.
- Add More Lighting. Battery-powered LED stick lights are great for kitchen cabinets, but they’re also great for bathrooms. Add something under your vanity mirror for extra task lighting.
- Display beautiful fresh flowers. Simple as it may sound, this instant trick can really turn an unwelcoming room into a stylish, welcoming space in an instant.
What color makes the small bathroom bigger?
According to basic design principles, light colors such as white, crème, pastel blue, gray, or yellow will visually expand a room, while dark colors such as a deep red, green or brown, will make a room feel smaller.
More DIY Small Bathroom Decor Ideas for Inspiration
26. Create a decorative Hand Towel Holder
27. TURN A GARAGE SALE DRESSER INTO AN AWESOME VANITY
28. Create your own Industrial Vanity
29. Add a Shiplap Wall, a cute vanity, shelves, and a nice light fixture.
30. Tile the Vanity Wall, create high contrast and add more lighting
31. Sometimes just a few items make the whole difference.
32. Quick & simple bathroom makeover – Using only accessories
33. Repurpose an Old Window as a Bathroom Cabinet
34. Build a Bathroom Small Vanity From Scratch
35. Create an inviting space by incorporating a unique theme.
36. Create a Mason Jar Tissue Holder
37. Rustic Bathroom Shelving That You Can DIY
38. Paint A Herringbone Accent Wall To Instantly Update Your Small Bathroom
39. Frame your bathroom mirror with a Farmhouse Style
40. Add Plants and keep the Bathroom simple and fresh
41. Small Bathroom Remodel | Grey + Blue with Brushed Gold Accents
Well, that’s all for now! These are my most favorite ideas from all those Small Bathroom Decor Ideas I saw out there. You will surely be seeing how I decorate my bathrooms soon!!! So stay tuned!
Hope you got some inspiration with these small bathroom decor ideas and start decorating your bathrooms as well! Let me know your favorite idea in the comments!!!!
Disclaimer: *Just like I do for all my round-ups, I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest. If you are at all familiar with that platform you know there are tons of pictures with no direct links to the original source. Some pictures featured here I found no source for or directed to the wrong one but if you know the source, contact me and I will update this post immediately, thank you so much!
Loving all these amazing Small Bathroom ideas? Don’t forget to PIN and share with friends!
If you enjoyed and got inspired by these small bathroom decor ideas, you might also want to check out these too:
Til' next time...