I’m SOOO excited because today I’m having again my lovely bloggy friend Megin from VMG206 here on the blog, sharing her awesome Not a Wreath creation =D, how awesome is that???… It’s super exciting to be sharing this with all of you, hope you like it as much as I did!
I’ll Leave you with Megin:
Hi, I’m Megin of VMG206 where I love to share my Paper Crafting and DIY Projects. I love lots of photos and a great tutorial – since I’m a very visual person. I’m so happy to be here at TitiCrafty hanging out with my friend Camila! I hope to make a few new friends while I’m here, too.
Not a Wreath by Megin from VMG206
Today I’m sharing my Not A Wreath ~ Monogram I made for our front door. There are so many options for wreaths to adorn you front door; but I wanted something a little bit different for our (main) front door. Something other than a wreath… And what was the FIRST thing that popped into my mind? MONOGRAM! I’d love to do something fancy with all three letters of my monogram but, Big Surprise, I opted for quick and easy. Here she is ~
Here’s a closer look ~
I like this vintage “barn wood” look ~ or at least that’s what I was going for.
Close up for Flowers ~ with little pearls
Let’s get started!
- Chipboard letter
- White Spray Paint
- Blue Paint
- Brown Pant
- Foam Paint Brush
- Muslin or choice of fabric for hanger
- Burlap and misc. for bows
- Hot glue gun
I picked up this Chipboard “B” from our local craft store, Hobby Lobby, it was under $5.00.
1. I coated it white spray paint as a primer. I let it dry for about an hour.
2. Then I added a layer of blue oops paint I had on hand. I did it a little streaky and left a little of the white showing through. I let this dry for about an hour.
3. Then I wanted to make it distressed so I added some streaks of brown oops paint randomly with a sponge brush, again, leaving some white showing through. I let this dry overnight.
4. Finally, I added a burlap strip for a hanger and embellished with burlap, tulle and lacy doily flowers I made. You can decorate it however you wish; make it yours! I do love how it turned out! I like the “barn wood” look. What do you think? Have you made a new wreath for your front door lately? I’d love for you to share with me in the comments below.
I’d love for you to visit me over at VMG206 if you get the chance and check out some of my other projects like DIY Tile Photo Coasters, Photo Charm Necklace and DIY Decorative Flip Flops ~ great for summer! You never know what I’m going to DIY next!
Thanks for having me, Cami!
Awesome Tutorial, Right????… She is always so delicate and creative, I loved having her. Don’t forget to stop by and leave her some love!